Medicinal Leech bite through the skin in the acupuncture points. The dominant function of this points is regulate the circulation of qi (vital energy) and blood. Modern research has demonstrated acupuncture’s effects on the nervous system, endocrine and immune systems, cardiovascular system, and digestive system. Leeches called „Alive Needles.
Leech Saliva SGS contains more than 100 enzymes and compounds that act as :
Thrombolytic effects – dissolve the blood clot !
Anticoagulant effects – blood thinners
Anti-inflammatory, Endorphins, Neurotransmitters,
Painkillers, Anti-Atherosclerotic, Hormones.
Some of them:
1. Hirudin : This is a peptide secreted by the leech’s salivary glands that is injected into the wound during sucking to prevent the blood coagulating. Hirudin is a potent anticoagulant that inhibits the conversion of fibrinogen to fibrin — preventing blood from clotting. Anti-coagulant, much more powerful then pharmaceutical blood-thinners such as plavix, or coumadin. Hirudin works with vasodilator compounds to increase blood flow to an аrеа.
2.. Orgalese: Brings micro-circulation back and creates and restores micro capillaries
3. Calin : which binds to collagen and neutralises its capacity to induce clotting. Inhibits blood coagulation and inhibits colagin and mediated platelet aggregation.
4. Destabilase : a monomerizing activity which is to solve vibrind ( the result of gore ) This enzyme therefore gives leeches the ability to lyse clots; this is therefore no longer simply an anticoagulant process but a fibrinolytic supply process.
5. Hirustasin : functioning as protein solven agent to improve digestion.
6. Bdellins : Anti-inflammatory effects plus effects the skin : can reduce skin inflammation, swollen skin, and itchy skin.
7. Hyaluronidase : an antibiotic to prevent infection. An enzyme that splits hyaluronic acid and so lowers its viscosity and increases thepermeability of connective tissue and the absorpstion of fluids. This is what they use in the cosmetics and creams.
8. Anesthetic Substance : the anesthetic for certain area in the body (local anesthetic).
9. Triptase Inhibitor : a substance produced in swollen or allergic area.
10. Egllins : Anti-inflammatory effects plus effects the skin (more than Bdellins) the anti-swollen substance.
11. Xa inhibitor factor : anti-coagulant, by forming equimolar complexes
12. Histamine-like substance : maximize the arteri tracts to help better blood flow. Vasodilator, increases the inflow of blood at the bite site
13. Collagenase This enzyme splits the collagen chain. And collagen is involved in activation of platelet aggregation.
14. Apyrase This is a phosphohydrolase that hydrolyses ATP and ADP. It is a potent anti-platelet aggregant.
15. A prostaglandin This substance acts like prostacyclin and its analogues and has an effect on platelet aggregation by preventing the attachment and diffusion of platelets on collagen and activating the adenyl-cyclase of the platelet membranes, thereby generating an anti-aggregant substance.
16. Lipase and esterase The salivary secretions of Hirudo medicinalis have a lipolytic capacity in order to play a digestive role with respect to the ingested blood. Two enzymes are responsible for this capacity: a lipase and a cholesterol-esterase.
17. Hormones : cortisol, progesterone, testosterone, estradiol and dehydroepiandrosterone
18. Endorphins: Natural Pain and Stress Fighters
19. Neurotransmitters:are the brain chemicals that communicate information throughout our brain and body.
serotonin – Adequate amounts of serotonin are necessary for a stable mood and to balance any excessive excitatory (stimulating) neurotransmitter firing in the brain.
dopamine- is a special neurotransmitter because it is considered to be both excitatory and inhibitory. Dopamine helps with depression as well as focus, which you will read about in the excitatory section.
and many, many more……
More than 100 BioActive substances in one application !
Bite of leech
Most patients describe a local dragging pain (like mosquito, injection or stinging nettle ) that occurs immediately after the leech bites and persists for around one to five minutes. As more and more saliva is introduced into the tissues, the anesthetic effect of leech saliva begins to take effect. The perceived intensity of the leech bite varies from one individual to another. A slight rhythmic pulling sensation is usually noticed for the first one to three minutes after the start of feeding. Whether stimuli of exactly the same intensity are perceived as painful or are not perceived at all is certainly dependent on the individual’s personality, but also depends on that person’s concentration on the leech or attitude toward leech therapy. Many people never even notice the leech bite, for example when they are bitten under water while their attention is focused on something else. Frequently, the more anxiously the patient focuses on the leech preparing to bite, the higher the pain perception.